Monday, February 16, 2009

Updates Updates Updates

Wow, a lot has been going on in the past few weeks. Busy has become a new word and a new way of life for me.

I am currently working three jobs...yes three! I work at Just Brakes, Special Moments, and my company Two of a Kind Events.

At Just Brakes my department is undergoing some major changes. Which has definitely made my agendas become more challenging and more insightful than it has ever been. My days have run so quick...I see that finding more time is harder and harder. However, making my days go by fast is the big plus!

Special Moments is a wedding chapel that I have been working at for the past few months. I have currently been under 'training' to become a Wedding Coordinator there. I have been working various positions there so that I may be able to provide the best service to all our guests. This weekend, however, was my very first wedding that I ran Wedding Coordinator without having anyone else there 'watching' over me. Needless to say there were a few bumps but I personally think I did an amazing job. The best part was at the end when both the bride and groom came up to me and thanked me for making their day special. I can, honestly say, that is the best feeling I have ever felt! I really see myself continuing to work at this place for a very long time...I absolutely love it!

Last but not least, my baby...Two of a Kind Events. I am currently doing a lot of promoting and a lot of redoing of my website, ideas, and marketing because I want to make sure I target the brides that need my assistant. I am going to specialize in lower budget weddings, well because everyone knows our wonderful economy is not going to get better anytime soon. But, there are a lot of bride and grooms that still want that perfect beautiful day...but a lower cost.

Besides work...I have also been searching for a new home for myself. I am in the processes of looking for an apartment in Lewisville. The reason I chose Lewisville is because of two reasons. One, working at the wedding chapel there are times I come home late nights. I would just feel safer and easier if I didn't have to drive a distance during late night hours. Second, I am surrounded by great people. I honestly love my friends and family that I have built over the past years, in Collin County. However, all those people see me as a different person. The woman that was married to Kevin, someone that was selfish and insecure. Therefore, I am moving away (only about an hour) so that I may 'start over.' I want to be a new woman with goals, security, and be someone that loves herself more than anything in the world.